Monday, 5 October 2015

Pre Production Tasks

 Pre Productions i need would be finding firstly a suitable area to create my webisode. I would need to search for an appropriate setting as well. i would also need to be able to use it free of charge. The different scenes would need to suitable as well for example an exam hall as the start of the webisode features there. Props are very important as the webisode I am creating features drugs I would have to create an appropriate Prop so that I can then film the sequence without very little trouble. But clothing is also important. The clothing for the main character is a casual ware. This can be anything. But compared to actual area Footage I would need to pay costs for example filming at a church. There are other things that also require pre-production such as using a studio for voice overs this is incredibly important because it is a huge part of the pre-production roles this means that it would be easier to do voiceovers as then it’s harder to actually film and act. Another thing is script and director which costs money to get a script and a director but it is vital and it’s the most important steps in the pre-production roles. In my pitch I would be able to make my own script free of charge and I would also be able to direct it as well. This saves a lot of money as my work doesn’t need any voice overs. This is also a linear production. As this just follows through beginning middle end but my short film it would also be free of charge as when filming in streets I don’t need to block up any roads it’s a short sequence. Even costume design is free of charge as it really doesn’t matter what people are wearing. The only thing that would be challenging is props as it features drugs it is hard to use it in a film sequence without legitimate clearance. This would be challenging but also It it’s not that bad as in the short film chances are I won’t even need to show drugs as it’s only a short webisode. Deaths in the sequence would cost for blood effects and other things such as knives but as its acted same applies from the same thing before as it is only a short webisode I can just use that for another time. So when it comes to filming professionally most things cost money and are under a budget as this is my first short film production I want to try my best to stay out of the budget range so in my short film I will have to take stuff out such as the use of fake drugs and weapons also certain clothing could be used which would also cost money so my short film would consist of me directing writing a script and finding suitable places to film the webisode. There are also other pre-production roles one is a runner a runner just gets food and coffee for people who are filming and acting. In my film I won’t need a runner in my work as it isn’t necessary as my webisode is also short I won’t need to film too many scenes for my work. So a runner would use up my budget and wouldn’t be necessary when filming my short film production.            

1 comment: